Nifty Gangsta

Friday, September 21, 2007

iLike

So, here's a fun little thing to do.
turn on your iPod / iTunes / mp3 player - anything that can randomly select songs for you.
pick the first song you want to listen to - then let the other 24 come naturally. post your favorite line from each song that popped up (no cheating). you're allowed to skip up to, but no more than 3 songs. please list what was skipped.
i've imposed a no two artists limit on myself - so if an artist pops up who has already come along - i'll skip the song. naturally this is optional.

props to those who can guess what song each line comes from.

1. "To tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fuck off might be too kind"
2. "Lean back, stare up at the ceiling, I just drift along with no focus or meaning"
3. "I said you messed up my happy home, Made me mistreat my only child"
4. "I've got a good job / And I'm newly born. You should see me dressed up in my uniform."
5. "Did you come here to play Jesus?"
6. "Won't you kiss me on a midnight street / sweep me off my feet"
7. "As I drove away slowly, feeling so holy, God knows, I was feeling alive."\
8. "You know you ran away from your home, baby / And now you wanna run away from old B. too"
9. "Whenever I'm alone with you / you make me feel like I'm clean again"
10. "Lord thank you"
11. "Now we're falling apart - we're just walking in the park"
12. "H-bomb the only thing that will bring a freedom to life / Underneath blue skies beautiful empty dying / Nagasaki dolls are burning"
13. "Is there nothing you'd not do with a drink in you?"
14. "I was spinning free with a little sweet and simple numbing me"
15. "When I offer you survival - you say it's hard enough to live."
16. "Through the streets, Every corner abandoned too soon, Set down with due care."
17. "You are the son of a mother fucker."
18. "Do you find this happens all the time - crucial point one day becomes a crime"
19. "Might as well stay at home and drink until we pass out again. Then drink some more when the morning comes."
20. "I might walk home alone ......But my faith in love is still devout"
21. "Of all the many ways a man will break his heart, Well there ain't none meaner than he pulls his own apart"
22. "Tell her she can kiss my ass, then laugh and say that you were only kidding.
That way shell know that its really, really, really, really me."
23. "With my lighnin’ bolts a glowin’ / I can see where I am go-goin’ / You better look out below!
24. "She should have stood out in the crowd / She should have made her mother proud"
25. "Tomorrows another day / you stay / I may as well play"

if you asshats don't do one of these i'll be crestfallen.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll work on it. I spotted "One" from U2 or Johnny Cash...whichever version you're listening to. :)

1:39 PM  
Blogger gnif said...

aye - the one that came up was u2's.
good guess - you should be able to get a few more though.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thems all Conway Twitty songs. Also, I'd like to add that my feces smells like almonds at the moment. Its weird cuz i aint et no almonds since '74.

2:46 PM  
Blogger bleargha said...

I has no mp3 player, so I am excluded from this here activity.

I may make a fake one for the heck of it, though.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home